3. Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, 72, became Africa's first democratically elected female president in 2005. The Nobel Committee praised the Liberian leader for her efforts to secure peace, promote economic and social development and strengthen the position of women.
4. Piggyback riders are designed especially for small children and toddlers, to lessen the parents’ struggles.
5. Tuesday’s event at Apple’s new Cupertino headquarters is expected to reveal its much-anticipated 10th-anniversary iPhone, offering significant upgrades to the smartphone’s display, camera and overall design.
1. 第三步 练习古怪表情
3. They are typically designed for students with an average age of 22.
5. Best chance: Oldman has been the favorite for best actor since the film's Telluride premiere.
1. Boston Consulting Group could also be poised to make a change given its managing partner, Richard Lesser, is due to come to the end of his second term in October. His future is unclear, however, as the firm declined to comment on its election process or how many terms its leader can serve.
2. 5. The causes of hair loss and greying are linked, and for the first time, scientists have identified the cells responsible.
1. You can make eye contact with the professor. Don't underestimate the power of this. If your teacher knows you're really listening and that you care about what you're learning, he or she will be extra willing to help you. Besides, it'll feel like you've got your own private teacher.
2. Christine Lagarde, managing director of the International Monetary Fund, said apart from the recovery she expected this year, she was concerned about two other “Rs”. The first was “risks” where she thought some old risks such as the need to finalise financial sector reforms were as important as risks over US tapering, and new concerns such as deflation in the eurozone.
4. 其他入围者分别是：《失去信号：黑莓离奇崛起与惊人陨落背后不为人知的故事》(Losing the Signal: The Untold Story Behind the Extraordinary Rise and Spectacular Fall of Blackberry)，作者杰基麦克尼什(Jacquie Mcnish)和肖恩缠尔科夫(Sean Silcoff)回顾了黑莓是怎样偏离了航向；《数字黄金：比特币背后不为人知的故事》(Digital Gold: The Untold Story of Bitcoin)，作者纳塔涅尔波佩尔(Nathaniel Popper)审视了虚拟货币比特币的崛起；《音乐如何变免费：一整代人犯下同样罪行的后果》(How Music Got Free: What Happens When an Entire Generation Commits the Same Crime?)，作者斯蒂芬威特(Stephen Witt)介绍了盗版和对等网络共享(P2P)扰乱唱片业的历史；《做不完的事：女人、男人、工作、家庭》(Un滻椀猀栀攀搀 Business: Women Men Work Family)，作者安妮-玛丽斯劳特(Anne-Marie Slaughter)在书中讨论了实现性别平衡面临的挑战，以及《行为不端：解读行为经济学》(Misbehaving: The Making of Behavioural Economics)，作者理查德泰勒(Richard Thaler)追踪了行为经济学的发展。
5. It is not unusual for the documented wealth of China’s richest people to surge suddenly — or even for previously unknown tycoons to burst into prominence — as stock exchange listings and other public investments thrust them into the spotlight.
6. Chinese companies filed 7,150 patents with the European Patent Office (EPO) in 2016, a year-on-year increase of 24.8%, according to figures released by the EPO last Tuesday.
Note that grosses are not the same thing as earnings. Downey outearned Johnson by $29 million with $75 million in estimated earnings between June 2012 and June 2013, the period we used for the latest edition of our Celebrity 100 list. The numbers we’re looking at here are how many dollars each star’s movies brought in at the box office worldwide this year.