3. While 221 people fell off the billionaires list this year, 198 people joined the ranks. Twenty-nine from the 2015 list died, while another 29 rejoined the list after having fallen off.
5. After IMD in second place, Duke Corporate Education completes the custom programme podium. It is the third year in a row that the US school is in third place, having previously topped this ranking for a record 12 consecutive years to 2014.
2. Were you late to work yesterday because you couldn't remember where you put your car keys? Did you completely forget about a coffee date last week with a friend and only remember when you got a text asking, "where are you?" Can you no longer remember the name of your favorite elementary school teacher? Memory problems impact just about everyone to a certain degree, but science suggests you might be able to improve your memory, as well as reduce the likelihood of Alzheimer's and dementia, by engaging in certain activities, eating specific foods, and using certain mnemonic devices.
3. “I saw a woman die and I saw the president of the United States refuse to unequivocally condemn the people who killed her.”
1. Nothing tops the insensitivity and stupendous lack of awareness as Lohan's insensitive post five months ago.
2. However, its alumni are the most mobile internationally, with 85 per cent of the class of 2014 having worked abroad.
4. Warm greetings and best wishes for happiness and good luck in the coming year.
5. But what drives the underlying optimism or pessimism? Koudijs, working with Hans-Joachim Voth at the UniversitatPompeuFabra in Barcelona, found surprising answers.
6. Prices in popular emerging market debt and equity benchmarks have already fallen, while net inflows from overseas investors have dropped from $285bn in 2014 to $66bn this year, according to the Institute for International Finance, a group representing the world’s largest financial companies.
2. This is all bad news for investors, just as America's 30-year bond bull is ending.
3. I wonder why LeBron James doesn't wear those weird things on his biceps and shoulder anymore. Well, actually I bet he doesn't wear them because they're useless.
4. n. 精美的东西
5. However it's framed, 2018 was a strong year for many of China's biggest domestic film studios though.
6. “One employee’s parents contacted the company to let us know their son was resigning.
201512/415505.shtmlBritish business schools shine in the 2015 Financial Times ranking of European institutions. Not only has London Business School (LBS) kept its crown as the best business school in Europe but three other schools in Britain have achieved the biggest rises since last year.
Among the top 10, four of them -- Pony Ma, Jack Ma, Ding Lei (CEO of Chinese game developer NetEase Inc) and Lei Jun (founder of smartphone maker Xiaoxi) -- are from TMT (telecommunications, media and technology) sectors.
Ultimately I expect these new leaders to start selecting from a broader pool of candidates and appoint direct reports from more varied backgrounds, defying those who use current imbalances to extrapolate gloomily that leadership parity between men and women is still decades off.