1. Jonathan Glazer’s Under the Skin is a film about a beautiful, scary alien that is itself beautiful and scary and alien: it’s an entirely extraordinary, outrageously sensual film that Glazer’s previous excellent work had really only hinted at, partially and indistinctly. His Sexy Beast (2000) was a visually accomplished, exciting and intelligent crime thriller that was way ahead of the woeful mockney-geezer mode of the time. Birth (2004) had Kubrickian ingenuity and chill, with some remarkable moments; it was a movie that deserves cult-classic status but has yet to achieve it. Then a decade went by, and it seemed that Glazer might be a stylist for whom a sustained cinema career would perhaps not be achievable (and heaven knows, it can happen to the most talented).
2. 5.X-Men: Apocalypse
3. Two days ago here in Brazil, we were shocked when we spent some time with some children living on the streets. And this is what one child told us: "I wish I was rich and if I were, I would give all the street children food, clothes, medicine, shelter and love and affection." 在巴西，我被2天前见到的情景震惊了，那时我和当地的小孩在玩耍，其中一个小孩说：“我希望我能富裕起来，然后我会给这个街道所有的小孩饭吃，给他们衣服穿，医疗，住房和爱”。
4. Hope you enjoy the happiness of New Year and all the trimmings.
2. 8. “The Diary of a Teenage Girl” In her terrific feature debut, Marielle Heller traces the artistic and sexual awakening of a 15-year-old (a sensational Bel Powley) whose desires leads to adulthood.
3. The Fate of the Furious was the top-grossing foreign film, ranking second on the list.
4. Discipline watchdogs have also tightened management of Party and governmental officials so that the number of newly escaped fugitives dropped from 101 in 2014 to only four last year, CCDI figures show.
5. The prince said authorities could recover as much as $100 billion in settlements.
6. 8. Smile every time EXCEPT when my team is losing.
1. The impact of sluggish growth on year-end payouts may have peaked in 2015, however, when 66 per cent of white-collar workers received no year-end bonus. And the 2016 level actually represents an improvement from 2014, when 61 per cent had to go without.
2. On the occasion of the New Year, may my wife and I extend to you and yours our warmest greetings, wishing you a happy New Year, your career greater success and your family happiness.
3. President Xi Jinping is also a well-known football fan, who has repeatedly voiced his support for the sport's development in China.
4. In the wake of the Fitbit and Google’s GOOG 0.26% Glass, a flurry of companies has flooded the market with iterations of sensor-laden armbands, apparel, and eyewear. It’s a buzzy category, but early adopters seem to be waiting for a moment when they are no longerthat guy. (You know. The “Glasshole.”)
5. Years of growth fuelled by access to cheap funding by virtue of low interest rates in the developed world and China’s robust appetite for commodities are seen ending, leading economists at the Bank of International Settlements to warn of negative spillovers as borrowing costs rise.
This year's juries were chaired by AFI board of trustees vice chairs Tom Pollock (for film) and Richard Frank (for TV). Other jury members included Judd Apatow, Halle Berry, Jamie Lee Curtis, Leonard Maltin, authors and scholars representing prestigious universities with recognized motion picture arts and TV programs and film and TV critics from media outlets like NPR, Rolling Stone, TV Guide and The Washington Post.