1. Inflation (and deflation) won't rear its ugly head Surging oil production — along with slower global growth — has caused the price of petroleum to collapse from more than $100 a barrel last summer to barely $50 a barrel at the end of 2014. The effect has been to reverse an uptick in U.S. inflation earlier in the year.
2. Sorry, folks, but if you're an investor hoping America's political internecine wars will improve in the near future, just don't invest. The war between Congress with it's abysmal 10% approval rating and the president, the war between the Dems, GOP and the tea party, is going to get even worse, upsetting markets and the economy even more.
4. Casual games--simple games such as card games--take second place with three ranked among the top 10 game list, while Web page games--such as Tencents' QQ games--are emerging as a new growth area. According to the report, by the end of Octover 2009, there were 1.54 million users playing the top five Web page games, with each user playing for an average of 30 minutes a day.
6. China's National Bureau of Statistics said its property prices index for November showed that new home prices fell 3.7 per cent from a year ago, the third straight annual decline following readings of -2.6 per cent in October and -1.3 per cent in September.
2. New York's inactivity begs two questions. Does Jackson have the energy needed to undo the damage he's created during his tenure?
5. 年度最佳合唱：埃里克·丘奇、杰森·阿尔丁、卢克布·莱恩《The Only Way I Know》
6. Fortunately, the rules are changing. The proposal of China's Central Economic Conference in early December to give rural residents permanent urban residency sent a strong signal. Premier Wen Jiabao's call in late December for the reform of the household registration system will surely speed up the process.
1. "Overall this ranking of Asia's best 300 universities proves what a dynamic, diverse and competitive higher education region the continent is becoming -- and China is a key part of that development," said Baty.
2. Yet there are similarities between the demagogic elements of the Brexit campaign and the rise of Mr Trump.
4. Wuxi, in coastal Jiangsu province, retained the top spot for a second month with growth of 4.9 per cent,
5. n. (复数)细菌
6. AFI TV Programs of the Year
1. Mr Karl added: “We would have likely had a record [year] even without El , but it pushed it way over the top.”
3. Benchmark oil prices dropped below $40 a barrel last week, the lowest level in six years, darkening investor sentiment towards commodity-linked companies and exporting countries including Brazil, Russia and South Africa.
How much time? And to what extent will bitcoin, in seeking wide adoption as a currency and as a protocol for new applications, face the hurdle of mainstream consumers’ lack of understanding? Adam Ludwin suggests that people don’t need to understand how the technology works to appreciate it. “It has the quality of early Internet,” he says. “People don’t actually know anything about how it works, but they don’t need to know, or care. They just know they turn their computer on and can check email.”