3. But the crash hit. The economy tanked. The recession lasted 30 months. Wall Street lost over $8 trillion of our retirement money. In the first decade of the 21st century, from the 2000 dot-com crash till 2010 disaster Wall Street's had a negative inflation-adjusted performance. Today Wall Street's returns are just barely beating inflation. No wonder investors feel cheated by Wall Street's casinos.
4. A minimum of 70 per cent of the con-tent must be delivered online in order for programmes to be eligible for the online ranking. Nine out of the 15 ranked schools had no requirement to study on campus at all. The remaining six schools insisted their students attend weekend or week-long residential classes.
6. 《她》(Her)，由斯派克?琼斯(Spike Jonze)担任编剧兼导演，将浪漫带入了虚拟世界，影片的主人公展开了一场有些疯狂的真正激情之旅。华金?菲尼克斯(Joaquin Phoenix)扮演的男主角是个令人心酸的孤独小伙子，他爱上了自己智能手机的新操作系统。影片的基本构想有些脆弱，但故事非常华丽地展开，霍伊特?范?霍特玛(Hoyte Van Hoytema)的摄影也很精妙，完美地烘托了菲尼克斯、艾米?亚当斯(Amy Adams)和斯嘉丽?约翰逊(Scarlett Johansson)的表演。斯嘉丽?约翰逊在片中扮演的是智能手机操作系统的声音和灵魂。
1. That partly explains why actuaries have the best job in the United States, according to a new survey by CareerCast.com that will be released Tuesday. Biomedical engineer was No. 2 and software engineer, the top job of 2012, came in at No.3. Careers that ranked the lowest included enlisted military personnel, lumberjack and newspaper reporter.
5. Neumann, Silbermann and Sharp are three of 66 billionaires under 40 years old, a record for the Forbes list.
6. adj. 能生产的，有生产价值的，多产的
1. Self-driving cars, selfie sticks, drones, touchscreen devices, e-cigarettes, jetpacks, and many other things seem like fairly modern inventions. Indeed, most of their "inventors" list them as newly invented and even go as far as seeking patents. But the fact is, many of these "inventions" have already been in existence for quite some time. They may have earlier lookalikes that ended up not going into production or that went into limited production due to one reason or another. Some also made it into full production but were recalled due to poor sales.
5. Six regions recorded GDP growth less than 7 percent, with China's north-eastern rust belt Liaoning province at the bottom with negative growth.
1. “The First Amendment’s Free Speech protections apply only to violations by public entities, and since Harvard is a private university the First Amendment does not apply,” she said.
2. The deal makes a millionaire of 17-year-old Mr D’Aloisio, who taught himself to write software aged 12 and will join Yahoo’s London office while he continues his studies at school.
4. "We're excited to have these talented artists showcase the powerful contribution music makes to filmmaking," the show's producers Michael De Luca and Jennifer Todd announced in a statement on Friday. "It's a privilege to welcome them to the 90th Oscars stage."
6. With an average monthly salary of 14,822 yuan five years after graduation, graduates from Tsinghua University topped the salary rankings. While graduates from 39 colleges made the 10,000-yuan list, 185 colleges saw their graduates average monthly salary top 8,000 yuan, while graduates from 789 colleges made more than 6,000 yuan a month on average.
Mayweather Jnr - who is capable of demanding pound 70 million a fight - fell to 16th. He pocketed pound 20 million in ring fees with an additional pound 5 million coming mostly from his clothing brand TMT, The Money Team.
雇主因种族、肤色、性别、国籍、宗教、年龄或残疾而歧视员工属于违法行为。但美国多数州至今依然不保护LGBT群体的工作权益。苹果公司CEO蒂姆库克希望消除这种差异。11月份，库克在《华尔街日报》（Wall Street Journal ）评论版对页发表了题为《平等就业对企业有益》（Workplace Equality Is Good for Business）的文章，敦促联邦立法，以免就业者因性取向而受到歧视。
This ranking measures the quality and breadth of the schools’ postgraduate programmes. It is based on their performance in the four main rankings published by the FT each year: MBA, Executive MBA, Masters in Management and Executive Education. Only schools that take part in all four rankings are eligible for a full score.