4. "The Constitution really doesn't apply here. The Constitution limits how much government can suppress speech, not a private university," she said.
5. The judging committee (of one) has spent weeks deciding which members of the Royal family, politicians and celebrities deserve one of these most galling of gongs to mark a grievous breach of protocol or lapse in mannerly judgement over the past year.
3. "Investing in improving innovation quality is essential for closing the innovation divide," said Soumitra Dutta, dean of Cornell College of Business and co-editor of the report.
5. 这是传记类作品首次赢得该奖项，尽管格林斯潘的自传《动荡年代》(The Age of Turbulence)曾在2007年入围终选名单——一年之后爆发的金融危机，引发了对这位中央银行家遗产的强烈质疑。
6. 从某些方面来看，《生活真奇怪》（Life Is Strange）与Dontnod Entertainment的科幻动作类游戏《勿忘我》（Remember Me）是两款截然不同的游戏，而从另一些方面来看，这两款章节式的冒险游戏十分类似。两款游戏都采用了虚幻3引擎（Unreal Engine 3），打造了美轮美奂的游戏世界供玩家探索。这两款游戏的名字也都有非常具有女性特征的主角。《生活真奇怪》的故事发生于美国俄勒冈州的阿卡迪亚湾，玩家将操纵青年马克斯o考菲尔德，开始一段包含有五个章节互动剧情的冒险。
1. "Apple, Google and Coca-Cola are the most valuable brands as their finances are strong, their brand is a powerful driver of choice and they are very strong compared to competitors," said Jez Frampton, Interbrand's global chief executive officer.
2. As part of its 2014 capital plan, the San Francisco, Calif.-based bank said it would increase its buybacks by 350 million shares, or a total of almost $17 billion. It also boosted its dividend rate by about 17% to $0.35 a share.
3. Recipient: Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau
6. Tech giant Tencent's founder Pony Ma topped the list, with a fortune of 279 billion yuan, followed by Alibaba's Jack Ma, and Evergrande Group's Xu Jiayin, with their personal worth reaching 260 billion yuan, and 229 billion yuan, respectively.
And regarding Ukraine, the Russian president again denied that there are Russian troops operating inside eastern Ukraine where a pro-Russian separatist movement is fighting Ukrainian government troops. But he said Moscow never denied that "certain people" were there carrying out tasks "in the military sphere." He said Russia plans no sanctions against Ukraine, but will not extend preferential trade to Kyiv.
Exports had risen in renminbi terms last month as well, up 5.9 per cent. But when valued in dollars they grew only 0.1 per cent year on year to $196.8bn. Still, that was well above expectations of a 5 per cent fall after contraction had softened somewhat in October to 7.3 per cent.