1. China's expenditure on technology research and development rose 10.6% to 1.57 trillion yuan in 2016, the fastest annual growth since 2014, as the nation increases its investment in new driving forces to stabilize the economy.
3. A minimum of 70 per cent of the con-tent must be delivered online in order for programmes to be eligible for the online ranking. Nine out of the 15 ranked schools had no requirement to study on campus at all. The remaining six schools insisted their students attend weekend or week-long residential classes.
4. Hope you enjoy the happiness of New Year and all the trimmings.
6. The Thomson Reuters Top 100 global innovators program identifies innovators annually through an in-depth analysis based on a series of patent-related metrics that analyze what it means to be truly innovative.
1. Germanyjust hung four onPortugal. It was a bit of a shocking result, at least from the perspective that most observers expectedPortugalto put up a bit more fight. But it was another relatively high-scoring game at World Cup 2014? Not surprising at all.
4. 3所在这份榜单上叱咤多年的重量级学府——哈佛商学院(HBS)、伦敦商学院(LBS)和麻省理工斯隆管理学院(MIT Sloan School of Management)的排名下滑。哈佛商学院的排名下降两个位次，今年排在第四，这是这所位于波士顿的学府9年来首次跌出前三甲。伦敦商学院下滑3个位次，排在第六，为14年来最低。麻省理工斯隆管理学院的排名下滑至第13位，为10年来首次跌出前10。
5. But Michael DeFranco, chair of Baker & McKenzie’s M&A practice, hailed the Chinese group’s investment in developed economies.
1. In response to the incident, Jiedaibao made an announcement on its Sina Weibo on Dec. 1, stressing that the use of nude pictures as collateral for loans constitutes a private deal between users, which the company cannot regulate.
2. When it’s time to buy a new car, you have 36 brands to choose from. Each automotive brand has something to offer, but not every brand is right for every buyer. Some brands excel at making performance cars, others focus on making family-friendly crossovers or specialize in luxury cars.
Its corporate customers value the school’s flexibility and ability to innovate. “We have developed a programme which is co-delivered with an experimental learning provider,” commented one client responding to the FT survey. “Iese has been a true partner in this process and our business has benefited with an energised and prepared executive bench.”
The overwhelming weight of the coverage of the oil market by analysts and commentators concentrates on the supply side and the volumes being produced and exported from Saudi Arabia or elsewhere. Supply is important but costs matter more.