1. Here are some of the trends that emerge from this year’s BrandZ rankings:
2. Whenever I talk to people about the future, I'm struck by their belief that it is knowable. The impression I get is that most people imagine the future like a book ending: already written and readable if you can just steal a quick look at the last few pages. What they find difficult is accepting that the pages aren't written yet. The future hasn't happened, hasn't even been planned--and cannot be known because it doesn't exist.
6. “Brands that are known for going it alone are partnering with unexpected allies,” Gilbert says. “If you dig into Apple’s investment, the special projects team reads like a who’s who list of some of the best talent in the world coming from every sector imaginable.”
2. Hanging on the coat tails of Ronaldo and Messi are NBA star LeBron James (pound 53 million) and tennis player Roger Federer (pound 46 million).
3. The Fed last month laid out a timetable to slow the pace of its bond purchases throughout the year. The central bank, which had been soaking up $85 billion a month in Treasurys and mortgage-backed securities since late 2012, plans to reduce the pace of purchases by $10 billion at each meeting until it is no longer buying bonds at year-end.
4. n. 计算
6. "Micro blogs and other new media give everyone a speaking platform. If you cannot face the criticism and cooperate with the public, you cannot work well." ZHAO BAIGE, NPC deputy and executive vice-president of the Red Cross Society of China
1. Hunger Games star Jennifer Lawrence on Tuesday topped a Forbes magazine list of the world’s highest-paid actress for the second straight year, earning some $46 million, followed by Melissa McCarthy.
2. The Bellarine Peninsula, located Southwest of Melbourne, Victoria, has been a hotspot for timeless beaches and historic towns like Queenscliff and Portarlington.
6. Rihanna, who came in at second place, earned her runner-up position "following another 12-month period in which she was absolutely bloody everywhere and yet we all entirely failed to get sick of her," per FHM.
1. Unlike most boy-band dudes going solo, he never sounds like he's sweating to get taken seriously – he never loses touch with the exuberance and swagger he brought to One Direction in the first place. So get used to this man – you'll be hearing a lot more from him.
2. She emotes with some of Pink's husky attitude and some of Sia's theatrical so-over-it-ness, but she's a warmer singer than either, whether shrugging off a lover on the self-explanatory "IDGAF" or matching Miguel's intensity on the steamy "Lost in Your Light."
PwC has counted votes and provides winner envelopes for the Oscars and has done so for more than 80 years. This is the first time in Oscar history that the wrong envelope had been opened while an award was being announced.