3. When the cup is lifted and removed from the dispenser, the magnet seals the bottom and the drink is ready to be enjoyed.
4. People have been predicting consolidation in this very fragmented sector for years and there have indeed been big mergers recently. But there is little doubt that price pressures on City law firms are intensifying.
2. In 2011, some seven years after the last season of Friends, over 36 million tuned into Comedy Central, a US satellite TV channel, to watch the show. The main demographic for this channel is 16 to 34 year olds, and viewing figures spiked during holidays, when extra episodes are also shown.
5. The best bosses understand the art of delegation. My commenter said something along the lines of, “They’ve fired themselves from their previous job,” meaning that they don’t interfere in the day-to-day and minute-to-minute workflow or processes. In essence, learning to delegate instead of micromanage is about trust。
6. The official prize citation said the two were awarded for "the theory of stable allocations and the practice of market design."
2. "password" had held the top spot in the rankings since the annual list began to be compiled. In 2013 it slipped to number two on the list.
3. FRESH OFF THE BOAT (ABC, Feb. 4) A Chinese-American family adjusts to life in mid-'90s Florida in this culture-clash comedy based on a memoir by the restaurateur and food-and-travel-show host Eddie Huang. Hudson Yang plays the 11-year-old hip-hop wannabe Eddie, and Randall Park (Kim Jong-un in “The Interview”) plays his father, proud proprietor of a suburban steakhouse.
4. The Great Recession had devastating effects across the U.S. and few places were as hard hit as Arizona. The state was booming on the strength of its tourism and real estate markets during the 2000s. Median home prices jumped 70% between 2003 and 2006—only Nevada had bigger gains—fueling more building and construction jobs. Monthly unemployment was at 3.5% through much of 2007. But then the bottom fell out. Home prices plummeted more than 50% from their peak and 6% Arizona properties received foreclosure filings in 2009. Unemployment stubbornly remained in double-figures for most of 2009 and 2010 and only Nevada lost a higher percentage of jobs over the last five years. Household incomes declined at the fastest rate in the country since 2008.
5. 杨金秀(Olive Yang)
6. The 16-year-old surnamed Zhou on April 24 poured pesticide into the water dispenser in the classroom, apparently in an act of revenge against classmates who disturbed the class and affected Zhou's studies, the Chongqing Morning Post said.
1. China denies any wrongdoing and says it is working to tackle problems of industrial overcapacity that have become more acute as its economy has slowed.
3. Dan Weiss “Fourteen” (Pi Recordings) There’s so much in “Fourteen,” the album-length composition by the drummer Dan Weiss: meticulous chamber maneuvers; avant-garde yowling; wordless vocals of new-music and northern Indian pedigree. More impressive than the expansive frame of reference is the fact that Mr. Weiss, marshaling about a dozen of his peers, spins it all into a flowing fabric.