3. Most of Friends was shot before cellular phones and Google were ubiquitous. The clothes and gadgets seem a bit outdated these days. Despite this, the show’s key elements still hold up remarkably well in the eyes of young viewers.
5. According to exam questions and some test-takers' feedback posted online after the exam, the difficulty of the questions was moderate and hot political and social issues, such as the Long March rockets, China's foreign affairs, the Yutu lunar rover and entrepreneurial efforts by college students, were mentioned.
6. Hope all your New Year dreams come true!愿你所有的新年想都成真！
5. A Saudi Woman Who Got Behind the Wheel and Never Looked Back
6. The magazine put his net worth at $3.5 billion, down $1 billion from the rankings it issued a year ago.
1. Sure, all of the hosting companies offer a basic CMS (content management system). But do they offer the flexibility that you need to get found online? Probably not. WordPress is an open-source CMS that you can install, customize and continuously optimize. You will likely need someone with development experience to help with set up, but once the template is installed, you’re probably smart enough to publish content without any assistance.
2. “Today you have to shop by image,” Mr. Nathan said. “But if you are brave and don’t follow fashion, there are opportunities.”
3. n. 存货，储备; 树干; 血统; 股份; 家畜
4. “万一有个通过Airbnb投宿的客人放火了怎么办？”纽约市律师协会(New York City Bar Association)合作公寓和共管公寓法律委员会(Cooperative and Condominium Law Committee)的会长菲利丝·H·韦斯伯格(Phyllis H. Weisberg)问，“谁来赔偿损失？”
5. 2. Will China's stock market climb back to 6,000 points?
6. London, meanwhile, is expected to welcome 18.88 million visitors this year.
4. It is just a common sense that no one wants to see chaos at his doorstep.
5. “Someone resigned via a video conference call.”
1. The Democratic party's would-be challenger, Republican frontrunner Donald Trump, responded on Fox News, accusing Clinton of pandering to female voters.
2. According to Oliver Cooke, a financial-services recruiter at Selby Jennings in New York, banks have been stressing what they call “internal mobility”, or redeploying staff from one department to another. If a bank facing sluggish conditions in debt trading, for example, can convert a trader to a risk analyst or a compliance officer, it can keep people interested — and it can save a bundle on severance.
The world’s 100 biggest brands still command a significant premium over others and that value increased by 3 per cent to $3.4tn this year, according to the latest BrandZ rankings compiled by Millward Brown, the research agency.
Apple (AAPL, Fortune 500) announced that it would put $30 billion of its cash toward share repurchases. The news made investors happy: The stock popped, and even a week later was up 12% relative to the S&P over that same 7-day period. The buybacks were part of a larger $130 billion capital return program that the company said would extend through 2015.
Armistice Day became an official U.S. holiday in 1938, and remained so until 1954, when it was renamed Veterans Day in the aftermath of both World War Two and the Korean War. It is separate from Memorial Day, which is observed on the last Monday in May and honors servicemen and women killed in war.