4. The world got by in 2013 with fewer confidence-shaking moments than in prior years. But the vulnerabilities haven't disappeared. 'It's not a great story anywhere, though it's more hopeful than it has been,' said Jerry Webman, chief economist at OppenheimerFunds.
5. By turns breathtaking, hilarious and disturbing, Jonathan Glazer’s extraordinary, erotic film achieves a rare blend of fantasy and realism
6. In addition to the overall ranking, US News also offers region-, country- and subject-specific rankings, to allow for more tailored searching.
1. The report also found traffic congestion in first-tier cities such as Beijing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Shanghai have stopped getting worse with local government efforts.
2. In terms of individual commodities, coffee prices, which are trading at about $1.62 a pound, are expected to decline significantly, with an especially bearish outlook on arabica coffee.
3. Umbrellas for dogs are having a moment. They’re cute and funny, but also practical.
4. Apple CEO Tim Cook
6. “I thought it would be impossible to replace Steve, and to some extent that’s true,” says Professor Michael Cusumano of MIT’s Sloan School of Management. “But internally the spirit is still alive and the company is organising around a less confrontational culture. We have to give Tim credit for that.”