2. For now, most of the activity around bitcoin is monetary in nature, so it makes sense that its critics point to volatility. Though the value of one bitcoin in U.S. dollars has fallen 67% in the past year, its value over the past two years is up 1,879%, according to the market price chart at blockchain.info. So whether it’s a good investment or a bad one is a matter of perspective.
4. Wages will finally accelerate after years of stagnation
5. 政府部门的数据显示，无论在销售额和销售量上看，今年上半年香港房地产销售较去年同期下降了近40%。香港差饷物业估价署(Rating and Valuation Department)本月发布的一项指数表明，商业地产受到的冲击尤为严重，今年5月价格较去年同期下降了5.7%。
6. The Amsterdam crisis began when a Dutch group known as the Seppenwolde syndicate made a big, contrarian bet on the shares of East India Company. Those shares had plunged in 1771 mainly because of losses in Bengal, but the company kept paying high dividends and covered up its shortfalls by borrowing money. Convinced that East India shares would quickly rebound, the Seppenwolde group aggressively bought them on margin. But instead of rebounding, the shares fell even further after the company slashed its dividend.
1. For the first time, it’s a blend of two colors: Rose Quartz (a kind of mineral pink) and Serenity (a light blue). On the company’s website, the colors flow seamlessly into each other so that it’s impossible to tell where one begins and the other ends.
2. ‘Veep’ “House of Cards,” the Netflix phenomenon, showed its weaknesses this year, but HBO’s “Veep,” the other most cynical show about Washington, got stronger in its third season. The scene in a restroom in which Selina (Julia Louis-Dreyfus) and her assistant, Gary (Tony Hale) discover that she is going to become president and dissolve into uncontrollable laughter was one of the great comic moments of 2014.
5. Wearables typically fall into three categories: complex devices such as fitness trackers; smart accessories such as smart watches, defined by their ability to run third-party applications; and fully autonomous smart wearables that connect directly to the Internet, such as Google’s Glass headset.
6. Charles River Ventures合伙人拉斐尔o科拉莱斯认为，学术界、基础设施以及政策等诸多领域的发展，表明2014年是迄今对比特币而言最重要的一年，尽管在此期间比特币波动很大。科拉莱斯表示：“短期而言，那些不懂或不相信比特币大有可为的人很容易攻击这一点。他们批评这一点再容易不过了。在过渡阶段，肯定会有剧烈震荡，所以只看一年的价值波动是愚蠢的。”对于偶尔出现的黑客袭击，科拉莱斯补充道：“短期内肯定会有颠簸，但问题很快就会迎刃而解。而且有一个庞大团体正致力于解决这些问题。因此，尽管存在小的颠簸，你应当对此感到兴奋不已。”
1. Blue skies will not be, and should not be, a luxury.
2. We asked FlightAware to look at arrival delays, rather than departure delays, because it is sometimes possible for airlines to make up time lost on the ground while the plane is in the sky.
The ranking includes schools from 26 countries, including 35 in the US, 10in the UK and nine in China. Renmin University of China School of Business in Beijing rose furthest, climbing 18 places to 43rd. Four schools made it into the ranking for the first time. These are led by Cambridge Judge Business School at 36th. France’s Grenoble Business School is ranked 70th, Turkey’s Sabanci University School of Management is at99th, and Brazil’s Coppead is at 100th.