1. The letter mysteriously arrived at the California University of Pennsylvania, in the north-eastern state of Pennsylvania, 10 days ago. Written to Mr Moore, the two-page letter was postmarked 20 February 1958 and signed "love forever Vonnie".
4. When he wasn't programming or doing schoolwork, D'Aloisio began to fill his spare time reading about natural language processing. He'd studied languages as diverse as Latin and Mandarin, and became fascinated by concepts like grammatical frameworks, morpheme parsing and the 1960s work of the linguist Richard Montague. 'He's my favorite,' D'Aloisio enthuses. 'He theorized that natural language could be described like a syntactical programming language.'
6. But national and racial identity were often conflated for the white majority. That identity felt to many white people like one of the most important pillars holding up their world — and now it seems under threat.
2. Nicolas Cage certainly bucks a lot of trends. He once told media that, for residency reasons, the award he won for the 1996 film Leaving Las Vegas was “in a truck somewhere moving through Louisiana”. Apparently, one of the ways the authorities determine if you’re a resident or not – in what must be the most niche of tests – is to ask where your Academy Award is.
3. 3. Will Guo Jingjing, China's diving queen, get married in 2010?
3. Investors are divided as to whether the anticipated rate increase by the US Federal Reserve tomorrow has already played out, or will intensify stress for indebted companies and economies.
4. Analysts believe the launch will help Apple to overcome its growth problem of the last two years. In markets such as America and Europe, where smartphone ownership is close to saturation and many customers are holding on to their existing handsets for longer, the best way to drive faster revenue growth is by charging more for each device, rather than simply relying on unit growth.
1. Since you will be spending so much time in your office space, you should be comfortable enough to enjoy what you do. A comfy chair will keep you pleased throughout the day. We recommend the Allak Swivel Chair, $59.99, at Ikea.com. If you need music to keep your mind stirring, we recommend the Sound System iPod Speaker, $220, at UrbanOutfiters.com.
3. The residents of the Hankou Binjiang estate had been moved out weeks before.
2. Meanwhile the services PMI reading for the month was 51.2. It had been 52 in October. The manufacturing PMI, reported earlier this week, came in at 48.6 in November, versus expectations of 48.3. It had been 48.3 in October
3. Many economists doubt the European Central Bank will increase the size of its 1.46tn asset-purchase programme in 2016 despite assurances by ECB chief Mario Draghi that additional monetary stimulus is still on the table.