1. The judging committee (of one) has spent weeks deciding which members of the Royal family, politicians and celebrities deserve one of these most galling of gongs to mark a grievous breach of protocol or lapse in mannerly judgement over the past year.
2. "Premier Wen Jiabao's speech had a big focus on economic and social development. It's clear the government is working very hard to bring about the goal of building a prosperous society."
4. Economists say that both the residential and commercial markets in Hong Kong will be hurt by the same factors: slower growth in China, the depreciation of the renminbi, a crackdown on corruption on the mainland, and predictions that the US’s low interest-rate environment is due to end. However, government cooling measures introduced in 2012 to reduce speculative investment in Hong Kong property are an additional damper on the residential sector.
6. Don't ever tell me that you have to have this job because you're going to lose your house, your kids have nothing to eat, your mother has cancer. Companies aren't a charity.
1. EMBAGlobal is the only programme in the top 10 that saw a slight drop in the average salary of its alumni compared with last year (the other nine recorded strong increases).
2. o Tesla is a car for rich people. With an average price of $85,000, it is safe to say that few Tesla owners are buying one to save money on fuel, and the car’s range limitations mean that a Tesla is never the only car in an owner’s garage. At some point, these same people will stop viewing Tesla as the flavor of the month, its order backlog will shrink, and Tesla will have to scrap for sales like other manufacturers.
1. “I?.?.?.?learnt to interact with people from other cultures and other places in society,” noted one Swedish graduate.
2. The Harry Potter star Emma Watson hold fifth position in the list of ten most beautiful women of 2015. The English actress, model, and activist, Watson took the top spot on the AskMen “Top 99 Outstanding Women 2015″ list and at number 26 on the TIME 100 list of the world's most influential people.
3. Mr Karl added: “We would have likely had a record [year] even without El , but it pushed it way over the top.”
6. Phil Baty, editor of the rankings, said: "it seems that China's relentless march up the global league tables has stalled, after making major gains in recent years. This new data shows just how hard it is for emerging powers to break into the traditional global elite."
1. 2. Staying too long in a job that you want to leave
2. THE EFFECT OF RAPID CHANGE
3. Born to royalty in Burma, Olive Yang, who died on July 31, rejected her birthright to become a cross-dressing warlord and opium trafficker.
Profits at China’s biggest banks shrank in 2015, as the sector weathered a year of central bank rate cuts and saw an end to easy profits after the government lifted the cap on interest rates on deposits.
《为奴十二载》(12 Years A Slave)：这是一部奇特的文娱片，令人震动、悲伤。本片导演史蒂夫?麦昆(Steve McQueen)大胆拍摄了一个关于美国奴隶制时代的故事，发人深省，是一部迎合主流观众口味的佳作。这部影片证明了艺术的力量，同时说明影迷们在他们选择观看的电影中渴求影片的本质和意义，这一点也令人振奋。该片编剧为约翰?里德利(John Ridley)，主演包括切瓦特?埃加福特(Chiwetel Ejiofor)、露皮塔?尼永奥(Lupita Nyong'o)、迈克尔?法斯宾德(Michael Fassbender)等人。
"Forty percent of Donald Trump's fortune is tied up in Trump Tower and eight buildings within one mile of it," according to the magazine. "What happens in that micromarket does more to affect the net worth of Donald Trump than anything else in the world. Lately, the neighborhood has been struggling (relatively speaking)."