Interview: China shows political wisdom in face of latest U.S. anti-China salvos, says political expert
Closing such a consulate-general that bears both historical and current significance is closing a window for exchange and mutual understanding between the Chinese and Americans, Wang said.
Experts view China-U.S. ties back onto track of cooperation in common interests for all
"Hopefully, our American friends could have a really better understanding of the realities in our region, could really understand our concern, our perception, and what we need, what the people in the region really need, and could refrain from taking any action to take advantage of any disputes in the region or even escalate the situation," he said.
- 2020-08-12 14:59:54Chinese FM urges U.S. to give up failed interventionism
- 2020-08-12 14:59:54Xi expresses condolences over passing of former CPVCC general secretary
- 2020-08-12 14:59:54China urges U.S. to withdraw Xinjiang-related sanctions
- 2020-08-12 14:59:54Commentary: Pirate-like bullyism only to deepen Washington's credibility deficits
- 2020-08-12 14:59:54China urges U.S. to clarify overseas biological militarization activities
- 2020-08-12 14:59:54Chinese premier congratulates Sri Lanka's new PM on taking office
- 2020-08-12 14:59:54China's Kunming donates anti-pandemic supplies to Laos
- U.S. attempts to smear, slander China's political system doomed to fail: senior Chinese diplomat