2. "The guy must have weighted the pros and cons of the situation: he had a great chance to survive a stranded elevator, but would have been doomed if he left homework undone," joked @Zealshifang.
3. Ellen DeGeneres:
5. Some smart beds will promise you better sleep and posture, but this one in particular will turn you into a private investigator looking to catch a cheating spouse in the act. Regardless of knowing if it's comfortable, the Smarttress alerts you "whenever someone is using your bed in a questionable way."
2. It is revealed that Hadid's visa application was turned down after she offended many by squinting her eyes in an attempt to impersonate the Buddha in February.
3. The sales volume peaks at around 15 million per day, with nearly 700 tickets sold in every second.
5. No. Ms Merkel may accept a small eurozone investment fund, but it will fall short of the French president’s ambitions. Mr Macron wants a “road map” to a budget equivalent to several percentage points of eurozone output, supervised by a finance minister, all to absorb economic shocks. Ms Merkel is inclined to acquiesce, but she has emerged politically weakened from federal elections and will be unable to impose such a decision on her largely sceptical public.
5. The judging committee (of one) has spent weeks deciding which members of the Royal family, politicians and celebrities deserve one of these most galling of gongs to mark a grievous breach of protocol or lapse in mannerly judgement over the past year.
6. In this Jan. 15, 2008, file photo, Apple CEO Steve Jobs holds up the new MacBook Air after giving the keynote address at the Apple MacWorld Conference in San Francisco
2. "Some geniuses in the internet industry created miracles, but that does not tell the whole story," said Chen. "Business has its own rules. Before you start up, you have to know how to produce products, how to sell them, how to manage a company. Those lessons you cannot expect a fresh graduate to know."
3. 《前第一夫人要求伊斯兰教变得宽容并支持女权》(A Former First Lady Presses On for a Tolerant, Feminist Islam)
4. Price growth in top cities was slower, however, with Beijing, for instance, reporting a rise of only 0.5 per cent from the previous month, compared to 4.9 per cent in September.
3. Dan Weiss “Fourteen” (Pi Recordings) There’s so much in “Fourteen,” the album-length composition by the drummer Dan Weiss: meticulous chamber maneuvers; avant-garde yowling; wordless vocals of new-music and northern Indian pedigree. More impressive than the expansive frame of reference is the fact that Mr. Weiss, marshaling about a dozen of his peers, spins it all into a flowing fabric.