3. Stand: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg took a stand for immigration reform
4. The January-to-November period in the United States this year was the warmest first 11 months of any year on record for the contiguous states. And 2012 will likely surpass 1998 as the warmest year on record for the nation, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
1. Current edition of the World Cup is on pace to average more goals per game than any tournament since 1958.
6. Charles River Ventures合伙人拉斐尔o科拉莱斯认为，学术界、基础设施以及政策等诸多领域的发展，表明2014年是迄今对比特币而言最重要的一年，尽管在此期间比特币波动很大。科拉莱斯表示：“短期而言，那些不懂或不相信比特币大有可为的人很容易攻击这一点。他们批评这一点再容易不过了。在过渡阶段，肯定会有剧烈震荡，所以只看一年的价值波动是愚蠢的。”对于偶尔出现的黑客袭击，科拉莱斯补充道：“短期内肯定会有颠簸，但问题很快就会迎刃而解。而且有一个庞大团体正致力于解决这些问题。因此，尽管存在小的颠簸，你应当对此感到兴奋不已。”
6. Bedrooms are up a curving staircase. A loft-like library overlooks the central atrium. Walls of glass in the master suite and its en-suite bathroom take in acres of marshland. The suite opens to a sun deck on the water side of the house. Both other bedrooms also have en-suite bathrooms. The lower level is finished as a gym, with a half bath and a garage with space for several cars.
2. There are no such circuit breakers in Hong Kong where the H-share index of mainland equities fell less than 4 per cent on unremarkable volumes. One might have expected more of a bloodletting. Mainland retail investors participate in both markets — a function both of Stock Connect and a leaky system — and if you can’t sell what you would like, you sell what you can. Foreign H-share investors too might be presumed sellers, having been the most bearish on China’s economy. Yet yesterday, even as Shanghai opened down a further 3 per cent (before rebounding), Hong Kong’s H shares remained resilient.
4. However, Baty said the stabilization of Chinese universities' rankings is no cause for alarm. "Continued investment built on decades of spending, and increased internationalization in Chinese higher education will no doubt ensure China's universities continue to strengthen," he said.
1. We will work proactively to expand effective investment.
China has made huge progress in easing its residence and entry policies for foreigners since September 2015, which has helped attract more talent from overseas, as well as boost international exchanges and the economy, according to a ministry statement.