1. LONDON — Since its inception in 2002, the Saturday Profile has aimed to bring to readers of The New York Times people around the world they probably have never heard of, but who have led interesting lives and done extraordinary things, or perhaps recently gone through a remarkable experience.
2. With a growing need for someone to block and tackle Apple’s raiders and (given its tax investigation in Europe) regulators, Mr Cook’s focus on people, strategy and execution — rather than products — finally started to look like an advantage.
4. 单词illegal 联想记忆：
5. We asked FlightAware to look at arrival delays, rather than departure delays, because it is sometimes possible for airlines to make up time lost on the ground while the plane is in the sky.
6. Widely misunderstood as a biopic about the novelist David Foster Wallace, Mr. Ponsoldt’s film is a comedy of journalistic bad manners and a bitter, knowing satire of the machinery of literary fame. Jesse Eisenberg and Jason Segel use the conventions of the buddy movie to perfect a new subgenre: the frenemy film.
1. The fear was over downward mobility and cultural changes; the anger was against immigrants and indifferent elites.
2. "We have a system here in America where if something is for you and if they find it, it gets to you, that's beautiful," he told US TV station WTAE.
5. History will look back on 2012 as the year when China anointed its "fifth generation" of leaders and shifted to a slower growth trajectory, writes Yukon Huang. This transition will take place against a backdrop of daunting internal challenges — increasing social unrest, widening income disparities and both ecological and man-made disasters — and of escalating external tensions, stemming from America's "pivot" to Asia and simmering regional worries about China's economic rise.
6. If Dwyane Wade lost 30 pounds of muscle, you wouldn't be able to tell him apart from the high school version of himself.
1. "We will set the exact date and location for our operation in consideration of weather conditions, but it will not be publicised," said Park Sang-Hak, a former defector who has led a series of balloon launches
2. Song “Give Me Your Love”(Zhang Jie and Yoga Lin)
3. 美国国家海洋与大气管理局(National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration)国家环境信息中心负责人托马斯愠尔(Thomas Karl)表示：“我们还是第一次看到这种情况。”
4. Will the BoJ tighten monetary policy
5. Fans of Twilight will finally get to see how the wedding, honeymoon, and birth scenes play out with the release of Breaking Dawn Part 1. But before you catch R
6. 4. New reserves of helium discovered
2. This year, for the most hotly contested position－one at the Central Committee of the China Democratic League's reception office－there were about 10,000 competitors.
201202/172834.shtmlChinese entrepreneur Wang Xing stays in touch with a sister in California and an uncle in Australia through chat software that offers a glimpse of how China's Internet companies can compete globally.
Recent initiatives to support two-way tourism between the two countries include the trial of the 10-year visitor visa; the open aviation market services arrangement which removes all capacity restrictions for airlines on both sides; and a new Beijing to Sydney service by Qantas Airways which was launched in January.